The OF Blog: Steampunk! Brazilian style

Monday, July 27, 2009

Steampunk! Brazilian style

I snagged this image off of Fábio Fernandes' Portuguese-language blog, pós-extranho. Before any ask, no, this is not a Brazilian Portuguese translation of the excellent Steampunk anthology that Ann and Jeff VanderMeer edited last year, but instead it contains stories originally written in Portuguese (I believe most, if not all, of the authors are Brazilians; Fábio is one that I know).

Very curious about this anthology and if there's some way that I could order it, I plan on doing it in the very near future (I believe the book just came out, so it might be some time before I can find it online) just to see how the stories and their themes compare to the ones found in the English-language anthology I mentioned above.

I guess this post makes for a nice complement to the one below, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... you can order it here

http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/scripts/cultura/busca/busca.asp?tipo_pesq=editora&palavra=tarja+editorial&topo=livro&sid=89621295310108357771361125&k5=8C5E14B&uid=&lastreg=&parceiro=012122

and here's the book
http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/scripts/cultura/resenha/resenha.asp?nitem=15005296&sid=89621295310108357771361125&k5=33ADD25A&uid=

Larry Nolen said...

Thanks! Will do that when I get paid this weekend!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites