The OF Blog: February shall be Mark Twain Month here at The OF Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

February shall be Mark Twain Month here at The OF Blog

Ever since I was 12 and my 7th grading reading class was assigned to read (aloud in class) The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain has been a favorite author of mine.  Over the past couple of months, I've been collecting older editions (and two leatherbound editions) of Twain's works, well-known and obscure alike.  A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I would dedicate February to the reading of the Twain books that I have in my possession (plus I'm likely going to buy a few more) and to review some, if not all, of them here on this blog.

Here are some of the books, besides the one listed above, I plan on reading (and possibly reviewing):

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Tom Sawyer, Detective

Tom Sawyer, Abroad

Life on the Mississippi

Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc

The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg and Other Essays and Stories

The Gilded Age

The $30,000 Bequest, etc.

The Autobiography of Mark Twain, vol. I


All these and possibly a few others which I might be will be read in the upcoming month (or maybe the end of this month, but with no review until February 1 or later).  Anyone want to join in with this (re)reading project and weigh in, either in the comments or on their own blogs?

2 comments:

RobB said...

I've got the AUTOBIOGRAPHY, so if I get to it, I'll definitely chime in.

Larry Nolen said...

I'm planning on reading it toward the end of the month, if that helps matters any. Rough chronological, although I'm going to read the Sawyer/Finn books first.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites