The OF Blog: Reminding Hugo Awards voters that I am ineligible for consideration for Fan Writer

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reminding Hugo Awards voters that I am ineligible for consideration for Fan Writer

I see that Monday was some sort of mass silliness in some quarters, called by some a quasi-official day of reminding people of his/her eligibility for some category or another of the Hugo Awards.  In response, I thought I would let Hugo voters know, in case there were 1-2 who actually had heard of myself or this blog, that I am permanently ineligible for consideration for Fan Writer on the Hugo award ballot.

There are two reasons for this:  1) I loathe the very moniker of "fan" and I consider "fans" of anything to be akin to those blithering blowhards who constant berate the sources/leaders of their presumed "fan" interest.  I am the son of a former HS football head coach and let's just say my dislike of the term of "fans" goes back over 30 years.  2) Since there is no category anywhere on the ballot for squirrel-influenced fiction and that squirrels have been historically been ignored for less interesting species such as cats, dogs, parakeets, and Kardashians, as a sign of solidarity with my squirrel leaders, I have to reject any and all attempts to nominate me for something that does not recognize their important roles in life, society, and fiction.

So, does this post sound as bad as some of the other pleas out there earlier in the week?

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites