The OF Blog: Received an interesting protest letter in my inbox yesterday

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Received an interesting protest letter in my inbox yesterday

Just returned home from work to discover that there was an email sent to me by someone associated with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).  I thought perhaps at first it was a mass emailing, trying to raise money.  Certainly the header, "Stop the cruelty!", could have supported this view.  I usually just trash these sorts of emails without reading them, but for some perverse reason I decided to read the email.  Here is what I found:

"Dear Larry,

I am writing to you today to protest your inhumane treatment of squirrels.  A reader of your blog brought to my attention this article you wrote back in September 2013, in which you gleefully narrate the suffering that you inflicted on this most precious squirrel.  In addition, it seems that you frequently make reference to your squirrels' rabidness as if this were a condition to be exalted rather than a preventable illness.  If you do not immediately refrain from forcing squirrels to do your bidding (and your reading!), then we shall have no other recourse than to organize a mass boycott of your blog and to report you to the appropriate authorities for investigation of animal cruelty."

Interesting.  Perhaps I should cease and desist, as they ask?  Or should the squirrel legions be unleashed upon them?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at least we know they can't read. That's useful information...

Larry Nolen said...

There's a bit of irony in that comment, considering the timestamp of this post :P

 
Add to Technorati Favorites