The OF Blog: A few books I bought recently, most of them during my trip Monday to Knoxville

Friday, July 11, 2014

A few books I bought recently, most of them during my trip Monday to Knoxville


 I'm not buying many print volumes this summer, mostly due to working only one job this summer, but when I had to make an emergency trip to Knoxville Monday to get transcripts printed in time for a job application deadline, I knew I was going to unwind a bit before driving back across state.  So I went to a Barnes and Noble and the Knoxville McKay's location and indulged a bit.  With the exception of one book I bought a weekend before with store credit in Nashville, the Doerr, these are the books I bought.  Most of these have been or will be reviewed in the near future.  Particularly thrilled to find a Portuguese translation of Borges's Ficciones for only $4.  Not to mention two French-language works, both of which I've read in English translation, that most certainly will help me with my French reading comprehension.

Going to read the Rachman and Oates next.  Which one should I review first?



No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites